What is Popcon?
- Themed around various genres of pop culture such as movies, television, comics, games, collectibles, music, anime, digital content & cosplay. The popcon event will also incorporate lifestyle elements of beauty, sports and technology to create an all-inclusive experience for fans, families and visitors of all ages and interests.
Where is Popcon being held?
- Popcon will be taking over the Dubai Outlet Mall, which is on the Dubai-Al Ain Road (Highway 66) at Emirates Road (E611)
Howmuch does it cost to attend and what are the age restrictions?
- Popcon is a FREE EVENT with many fun and exciting activities for the entire family. There are some special workshops and a few other unique experiences available for purchase.
Can I meet or have a photograph/autograph with my favourite guests?
- YES – tickets are on sale for exclusive Meet & Greet sessions as well as to have a photo or collect an autograph. See the schedule of events for exact timings
Who are the celebrities and special guests attending?
FILM / TV
- THEO ROSSI – Star of Marvel’s LUKE CAGE where he plays ‘Shades’; Theo is also well-known for his role in SONS OF ANARCHY.
- GIULIANA RANCIC – Fashion Police, E! Hollywood reporter, Red Carpet host for the Oscars
- RANDY COUTURE – a true icon in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Randy is also a successful businessman, best-selling author and actor. Randy’s growing career in acting includes the hit films “THE EXPENDABLES”
- BRIANNA HILDEBRAND – First seen in the Fox feature film DEADPOOL. She also stars in FIRST GIRL I LOVED, which premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival and won the Audience Award in the Next category
- CHRISSPY MAKEUP – Christina also known online as ChrisspyMakeup. This makeup Icon has quickly captured the hearts of 3.3 million aspiring fashionistas with her beautiful and captivating makeup applications. She hopes to positively influence friends but more importantly, she hopes to empower women with the tools to look their best!
- ETIENNE ORTEGA -Etienne’s celebrity clientele includes Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, Christina Aguilera, Eva Longoria, Kendall, Kylie and Kris Jenner, Kate Beckinsale, Molly Sims, Becky G, Nicki Minaj, Hilary Duff, Shay Mitchell, Christina Milian. His work has graced the pages of countless magazines including Vogue, Allure, Glamour, People, Redbook and Latina Magazine.
- FOUZ AL FAHAD – The Real Fouz (as she’s more widely known) has drawn more than 1.4 million followers to her Instagram and Youtube accounts. The Real Fouz has become a prominent beauty icon in the Middle East.
- WHILCE PORTACIO – Bishop (of Uncanny X Men) creator. He did Spawn, Artifacts, Hulk, Journey Into Mystery, Uncanny X Men and graced various Marvel covers and has launched his new creator-owned book called Non-Humans for Image Comics. Whilce launched “Wetworks” and released the successful independent book Stone (based on Filipino myths)
JASON PALMER – Best known for his Illustration art of Firefly, Star Wars, Once upon a Time and Indiana Jones.
Jason began working in the comic book industry in 1990 painting covers for Star Trek. Since then, he’s worked as an illustrator for companies such as Paramount, Warner Bros, HBO, AMC, Fox, Lucasfilm and Sideshow Collectibles. His recent projects include package art for the Indiana Jones Blu-ray set and marketing concepts for HBO’s Game of Thrones.
- DAVID YARDIN – Got his start in the industry after studying under Whilce Portacio in the Philippines in 1999. He has since had his work published by Image Comics, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Boom Studios, and Valiant Comics. After a 4 year run as the regular cover artist on X-Factor, David illustrated stories for DC Comics’ Injustice: Gods Among Us and Marvel Comics’ A+X, as well as covers for Thunderbolts, Storm, Magneto, Civil War II: X-Men, and Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Five. David is currently the cover artist on Extraordinary X-Men.
- AGNES GARBOWSKA – Agnes has worked illustrating such titles as My Little Pony, Jem and the Holograms for IDW, Grumpy Cat for Dynamite Entertainment, Sonic Universe Off-Panel Stripes for Archie Comics, Victories for Dark Horse and Lil’ Vampi for Dynamite Entertainment. She has worked with Marvel Comics, providing artwork for Girl Comics and the Spider-Ham 25th Anniversary Special. She is also the artist for the 2014 Halloween Comic Fest comic, The Adventure of Ernie from Aspen Comics
- JULIAN CHECKLEY – of Order 66 Creatures and Effects – International award-winning Guinness World Record holder Julian Checkley of Order 66 Creature and Effects has become world renowned for his movie quality creations and photoshoots. One recent commission saw the creation of a Batman costume and multiple functional gadgets from the Arkham Origins video game by Warner Brothers Games. Inspired by this, Julian went on to create a vast array of Batman themed gadgets and now is the proud holder of a Guinness World Record for ‘The Most Functioning Gadgets on a Cosplay Suit’. Julian has also won several titles for his costume creature creations, among them was the ‘Best in Show’ at Star Wars Celebration 2016, the world’s largest Star Wars convention.
- YUGANA SENSHI UON – Yugana Senshi Uon, has gained much admiration and respect with her many art projects, work and lately, cosplay. Just Google ‘female Joker’ and you would certainly find Yugana Senshi Uon synonymous with the role.
- SUMI COSPLAY – Sumi is a talented cosplayer / actress from the Middle East. Sumi has been casted in different international variety roles. She studied Filmmaking & Acting at NYFA Abu Dhabi. She has performed in the famous Middle East TV series, and appeared in feature & short Emirati films as the lead actress. She is also the first presenter for WEEKLY FIX IGN Middle East.
What are the Free events?
- All of our Film and TV guests will be participating in free “In Conversations” where you will get a chance to hear about their experiences and find out more about your favourite star when you are choosen to ask a question during the Q&As
- Social Media Panel – Popular regional influencers will share their journey to becoming an influencer and rise to fame. Panelists include: Max of Arabia, Fly with Haifa, Fatima al Momen, Khalid Al Ameri & Irene Khan
- BeautyFest Panel – Our international BeautyFest guests will discuss many topics under the theme of “Celebrating Confidence”. Hosted by Giuliana Rancic and featuring The Real Fouz, Etienne, Chrisspy MakeUp and Hindash
- Take a “Mini TV Academy” with Giuliana Rancic and learn the tips for hosting a red carpet, interviewing the stars and presenting for television
- Visit the Walk of Fame to meet and interact with the Comic and Cosplay guests
- Popcon Creative Circle – local and international companies and individuals who are displaying and selling their one-of-a-kind creations
- Come and watch some of the best cosplayers from the UAE and beyond as they compete for 40,000Dirhams in prizes in our Cosplay Authority Global Challenge aka The CAGE.
- Marvel will be presenting their “Hall M” concept bringing with them never seen before clips of upcoming films and TV shows. Be the first of your friends to see who is set to save the world from the evil that surrounds us.
- OSN will have the IRON THRONE from GAME OF THRONES for you to take a photo while you rule the Seven Kingdoms for a few moments
- Enjoy the exhibitor’s activations including Retro Gaming, Golds Gym photobooth and so much more
- Visit the BeautyFest stands to speak to some of the most influential companies in Beauty and Make-up today
- Miranda Davidson Studio will be holding an Open Casting Call on both Friday and Saturday where you might be selected to be in the next major movie shot in the UAE just like War Machine, Star Trek and Fast & Furious
I have heard the HULKBUSTER is going to be displayed, can I get in for a photo?
- The full scale HULKBUSTER will be at Popcon. Standing almost 4m high and guarding the entrance to the show! Visit Comicave during their grand re-opening weekend and purchase a collectable ‘variant comic’ at 55AED and you will be able to climb inside the suit for your unique photo shoot.
What is “Fiesta De Los Muertos”?
- A brand new annual Halloween themed concert festival with a ‘killer’ line up which will take place on Friday Oct 28. Families and fans of all ages are welcome and encouraged to dress up as their favorite hero or villain
Music acts are: Major Lazer, DNCE, All Saints, Carla’s Dreams, Hollaphonic and The Mariachis